Teen and Young Adult Casting Call
The Michigan Learning Channel is casting on-camera talent for a new career exploration show called The Career Center. Each half hour episode will feature lessons and discussions with real students about the world of careers. Students will explore career opportunities and meet professionals in different fields, participate in lessons designed to build the skills they’ll need in the world of work, and learn about different pathways to pursue a career.
We are looking for youth aged 16-20 to participate. This will be a great opportunity for students who enjoy meeting new people, are curious about career options, and don’t mind being on camera.
Submit your video application using our Submission Form.
What You'll Do
– Visit professionals in various career fields and ask them about what they do.
– Participate in on-camera career skill-building lessons.
– 4-6 shooting days between January and March. Shoots will take place in the greater metro-Detroit area.
Record yourself responding to the following prompts. Cell phone video is fine.
– Introduce yourself. We want to get a feel for your personality. What are your interests? If you had to choose a career today, what would it be and why?
– What is the most frustrating part about choosing a career path?
– Script read. Part of your responsibility will be reading from a teleprompter. Don’t worry – we’ll coach you. Record yourself reading this short script:
“Make the most of your break with the Michigan Learning Channel!
Keep your brain active with episodes of your favorite shows for pre-school to sixth grade learners. With fun lessons taught by real Michigan teachers that match what you’re learning in school.
You can watch from anywhere: on air, online, or on demand!
Plus visit our website for hands on activities that you can do at home!
It’s all available for free at MichiganLearning.org”