Learn, Do, and Explore with Your Students
From handing out our activity books to your students before summer break to using our materials to build a full summer program, we’re here to help schools and after-school organizations get ready for an immersive and fun Summer 2022. Our 8-week program encourages kids to “Learn, Do, and Explore” with literacy and math lessons, hands-on science and fitness activities, and career exploration and virtual field trips. Find videos, fun activity books, virtual events, and more to keep preschool to 6th grade students engaged in learning.
Want to jump right in to our content? Visit our Summer Homepage.
Free Activity Books
We have three books tailored to your students’ age group. Whether you’re looking to print enough books to supply a whole school or just want to send a link to a hands-on parent, we have you covered.
- We have professional printer files available to schools and organizations looking to order large quantities of bound activity books. Visit our Print File Access Page to download these files.
- Don’t need anything fancy? We have digital files available that can print to any home, school, or office printer. See the full books below, or download the Elementary book by single grade: 1st Grade (102 Pages), 2nd Grade (104 pages), 3rd Grade (101 pages).
Videos and Virtual Events
Use screen time for learning and fun with our on-demand videos aligned to Michigan education standards. Each week has themed content on subjects from math and science to physical fitness and art.
Each week also brings unique opportunities to engage with the MLC community. Catch watch parties and chat with real scientists with Great Lakes Now, and help Wimee from preschool series Wimee’s Words write silly and creative stories on the spot.
MLC in Your Community
We have local events running all summer long in communities across the state. Families and educators can visit us to meet your local Engagement Coordinator and get free MLC Activity Books and goodies.
Our MLC Engagement Coordinators are happy to answer your questions and provide information on the Michigan Learning Channel and all it offers for students and educators. Find your local contact below:
- WGVU Public Media in Western Michigan: Rachel Cain (email@example.com)
- WNMU Public Media in the Upper Peninsula: Ellen Doan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WKAR Public Media in Mid-Michigan: Summer Godette (email@example.com)
- Detroit Public Television in Southeast Michigan: Olivia Misterovich (Omisterovich@dptv.org)
- Delta College Public Media in Michigan’s Saginaw Bay area: Lauren Saj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WCMU Public Media in Northern Central Michigan: Shelby Shawl (Shelby.email@example.com)
- Michiana Public Media in Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana: Sheri Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org)