Integrate Michigan process and skills standards into a grade-appropriate project. Clearly state a global issue as a question of public policy, trace the origins of the issue, analyze various perspectives, and generate and evaluate alternative resolutions. Identify public policy issues related to global topics and issues studied. For example:
- use Michigan social studies process and skills methods to acquire content knowledge and appropriate data about the issue.
- identify the causes and consequences and analyze the impact, both positive and negative.
- share and discuss findings of research and issue analysis in group discussions and debates.
- compose a persuasive essay justifying a position with a reasoned argument.
- develop an action plan to address or inform others about the issue at a local, national, or global scale.