Define the process of globalization and evaluate the merit of this concept to describe
the contemporary world by analyzing:
- economic interdependence of the world’s countries, world trade patterns, and the impact on those who labor, including voluntary and forced migration such as human trafficking.
- the exchanges of scientific, technological, and medical innovations.
- cultural diffusion and the different ways cultures/societies respond to “new” cultural ideas.
- the comparative economic advantages and disadvantages of regions, regarding cost of labor, natural resources, location, and tradition.
- distribution of wealth and resources and efforts to narrow the inequitable distribution of resources.