The Let’s Read Together Challenge is back! We are challenging students from Preschool to 12th Grade across the state to complete 1,000 minutes of reading during October and November. Classrooms and families who complete the challenge will be entered into a drawing to win prizes by age range.
What Counts as Reading
Reading happens all around us. Books, comics, graphic novels, road signs, and cereal boxes are all examples of reading. Plus audio books, trail markers, and more! Families and teachers are encouraged to use their own judgement.
Looking for a Place to Read?
The Let’s Read Together Resource Center is full of suggestions for unique places and ways to read across Michigan including zoos, museums, and more.
Did You Complete the Challenge?
The deadline to submit entries to our drawing has passed. Join us again next year for more reading fun!
Winners from this year will be notified in January 2023.
Start the Challenge
Fill out our sign-up form and read the rules below. An entry form for completed challenges will be available in November.
Students from Preschool to 12th Grade are tasked with reading for 1,000 minutes from October 1 to November 30 to qualify for entry into a drawing for prizes suited to each age range.
Everyone who fills out the entry form will be entered in a drawing for a prize from the Michigan Learning Channel.
Teachers will track how many minutes their class reads together. This could include a teacher read aloud, individual reading, group reading, and time spent reading at home. Teachers are encouraged to use their own discretion on minutes and make this challenge their own! Download a Reading Tracker to measure your progress.
No classroom? No problem! Families and households are welcome to enter the challenge. Track your household’s progress using the Michigan Learning Channel Reading Tracker, then enter to win!
No donation or purchase necessary to enter or win. A donation or purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. This promotion is open to participants within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. Entrants must be located in the United States at the time of entry. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and U. S. Territories who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Detroit Educational Television Foundation and the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and grandchild) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion) are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins on the announced contest launch date at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), unless otherwise specified and ends on the officially designated ending date at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The website server is the official clock for this Promotion.
- TO ENTER: View individual contest for specific entry requirements.
- SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: The winner of the prize will be determined on or about the official contest ending date.
- PRIZES: View individual contest for specific entry requirements.
- PRIZE REDEPTION: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prize. We reserve the right to request information for tax reporting. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference in value between the fair market value stated herein and value at time of prize notification will not be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. If any potential winner does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Prizes will be mailed out to the winners to the address provided during prize notification within 1 to 2 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in the Promotion, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Sponsor are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the website or the download of any information from the website. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor or dependent) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Promotion and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- SPONSOR: Detroit Educational Television Foundation, 1 Clover Court, Wixom, MI 48393.