Describe significant developments in the Southern colonies, including: • patterns of settlement and control, including the impact of geography (landforms
and climate) on settlement.
- the establishment of Jamestown.
- the development of one-crop economies (plantation land use and growing
season for rice in Carolinas and tobacco in Virginia).
- interactions with Indigenous Peoples, including the trading of goods, services,
and ideas among Europeans and Indigenous Peoples.
- the development of colonial representative assemblies (House of Burgesses).
- the development of slavery.