Comparing the Northeast and the South – compare and contrast the social and economic systems of the Northeast , the South, and the Western Frontier (Kentucky, Ohio Valley, etc.) with respect to geography, climate, and the development of:
- agriculture, including changes in productivity, technology, supply and demand, and price.
- industry, including the entrepreneurial development of new industries, such as textiles.
- the labor force, including labor incentives and changes in labor forces.
- transportation, including changes in transportation (steamboats and canal barges) and the impact on economic markets and prices.
- immigration and the growth of nativism.
- race relations.
- class relations.