Foreign Policy During the Cold War – compare the causes and consequences of the American policy of containment including:
- the development and growth of a U.S. national security establishment and intelligence community.
- the direct and/or armed conflicts with Communism (for example, but not limited to: Berlin, Korea, Cuba).
- U.S. involvement in Vietnam, and the foreign and domestic consequences of the war.
- indirect (or proxy) confrontations within specific world regions.
- the arms race and its implications on science, technology, and education.